Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Happy Wednesday!

March 25, 2020
Good Morning First Graders!
        Today is Wednesday. If we were at school we would have Art and Library today. It would be great if you could try to do some art from home and have someone read a good book to you today! If you are able to make that happen, feel free to send me a picture of your art or comment below with what book you read! Have a great day!!
Love, Miss Lloyd

There are these cool websites called Raz-Kids and Headsprout, all part of Learning A-Z that are now free to teachers and families. I looked into it yesterday and I was able to set up an account for each first grader. These websites allow students to read leveled books (what we call "good fit books" at school) and work on some phonics skills we would be learning in the classroom. I can even assign certain books for your child to read. At this point, I know you all have work I sent home, and for some of you it's probably plenty for now. So this is not a requirement, but I am curious about how many families might be interested in this? I like it because, while Epic is great, Raz-Kids allows your children to read books that will help them grow as readers. Comment below or email me your thoughts! Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication to your child's education.

2 comments: